CRUX is a non-governmental-organisation (NGO), established in 1987 as a non-profit foundation. Our aim is to support people who are struggling to find a positive direction for their lives and to help them improve their quality of life
We provide social services, in close collaboration with local municipalities, and specialises services in areas ranging from childcare and psychiatric healthcare to drug addiction.
With over 600 employees and 170 volunteers, we are active in 24 cities and towns across Norway.
At CRUX we see ourselves as co-workers with people in vulnerable and challenging life situations. We aim to help them experience safety and achieve their goals.
We have four core values that form our attitudes and shape our services:
Wholehearted and Generous Bold and Solid
Our slogan, There are always possibilities, encourages us to never give up, but rather to search for new ways to accompany those who wish for us to be by their side.
What we do
Here are some examples of what we offer:
· Specialised, professional treatment and rehabilitation at our institutions for people addicted to drugs or alcohol
· Outpatient counselling for people with drug-addiction and/or mental disorders
· Activities and excursions focused on providing opportunities for mastering new skills, ADL-activities, developing social skills and making new friends
· Work training with close follow-up by our professionals.
· Emergency housing for families while they are looking for permanent housing
· Visitor services at prisons in Norway
We also offer specialised health and social services for children, adolescents, and adults.
We run a health care centre for young people with schizophrenia or suffering from psychotic episodes. The centre provides care services and treatment to inpatients and outpatients as well as former patients.
With regards to child welfare CRUX both provides foster homes, and follows up young people in their own homes and those using our health and social services.
CRUX also runs a day care centre for persons with mental disabilities.